Trump Surprises His Own Staff By Saying He'll Meet With Putin Soon
Trump Surprises His Own Staff By Saying He'll Meet With Putin Soon
Europe has to stand together and face up to Putin says PM
by Andrew Woodcock
24 March, 2018, 16:34
Trump noted that President Obama also called to congratulate Putin after his 2012 election victory and said it is a "good thing" for the United States to have warm relations with Russian Federation.
A White House official told the media that John Kelly, the chief of staff, was both "deeply disappointed" that the leak was able to take place. Trump had shunned the advice of some aides in making the call Putin at all. It may be recalled that Putin received less than 65% of the votes polled in 2012.
While Trump panders to Putin, his criticism of Mueller, is becoming harsher, as the investigation raises increasingly serious concerns about a web of ties connecting Trump's associates to Russian Federation.
"I had a call with President Putin and congratulated him on the victory, his electoral victory", Trump said during his meeting with Crown Prince Mohammad Bin Salman of Saudi Arabia. American intelligence officials say they are certain he meddled in the 2016 American election on behalf of Trump and is trying to meddle again in the 2018 election, as well as in many European elections.
"Getting along with Russian Federation (and others) is a good thing, not a bad thing", the president wrote.
Trump defended his call in a series of tweets, pointing out that Obama had also congratulated Putin, during his presidency.
Russian President Vladimir Putin has accepted an invitation from his Sudanese counterpart Omar al-Bashir to visit Sudan, state-run Sudan News Agency (SUNA) reported. They also said there now is an internal probe of the leak but provided no other details.
Trump hasn't changed that position despite the fact that Putin and his thuggish regime have been caught red-handed orchestrating a hidden campaign to influence America's presidential election in Trump's favor over Democrat Hillary Clinton.
As he defended his actions, Trump mentioned the presidents before him and called them out for their supposed inability to "get along" with Putin and Russian Federation, in general.
Johnson's comments were made Wednesday at a meeting of Britain's Foreign Affairs Select Committee, when he agreed with a lawmaker's suggestion that Russian President Vladimir Putin meant to use the World Cup as a "PR exercise" to gloss over a "brutal, corrupt regime" in the same way that Hitler promoted the 1936 Olympics.
White House officials did not dispute the report, but said whoever leaked it could be subject to dismissal. "Also to discuss Ukraine, Syria and North Korea and other things".
Republican senator Marco Rubio admitted that he did not like the USA leader's congratulations to Putin. "If you don't like the President resign, but this ongoing pattern of duplicity holds potential for serious damage to the nation".
Russian Federation has received global condemnation after Britain blamed Moscow for the recent nerve agent attack that sickened Sergei Skripal and his daughter.
Russia's interference - including spreading fake news about Hillary Clinton and hacking the Democratic Party's emails - in the 2016 US presidential election did not help improve the already deteriorating relations between the two nations.
While the president has conceded Russian Federation was responsible for hacking into Democrats' email accounts, he refuses to point the finger of blame at Putin. Sanders insisted that the administration has scolded Putin at the appropriate times.
West Texas Intermediate (WTI) crude futures gained $1.63, or 2.6 percent, to settle at $65.17, their highest since February 2. As a result shares in soybean exporter Archer-Daniels ( ADM.N ) fell 1 percent and Bunge ( BG.N ) dropped 0.7 percent.
And now the company is shelling out big bucks to the show's stars for a third season that starts filming next month. Finn Wolfhard (Mike Wheeler), and Noah Schnapp (Will Byers) will be making about $250,000 each per episode.
Charlie Ebersol, son of NBC executive Dick Ebersol and creator of the 30 for 30 XFL special, is starting up the new league. Teams will be stacked with 50-man rosters, and players will be signed in regional drafts.
The airline announced on Tuesday that it would temporarily halt its cargo pet-shipping program after a string of mishaps. United says it expects to complete its review by May 1, at which time reservations will likely once again be accepted.
It is unclear if Acton feels the same way about WhatsApp because that technically comes under Facebook . Acton is not the first former Facebook executive to express unease about the company after leaving it.
Federal Reserve Board Chairman Jerome Powell testifies during a Senate banking committee hearing in Washington, D.C., on March 1. Powell said Fed policymakers don't think changes in trade policy will affect their current economic outlook.
If the case proceeds through the court, Trump could, theoretically at least, be required to sit for a deposition. She cited as precedent a civil rights lawsuit against then President Bill Clinton that was ordered to proceed.
Israel is concerned Iran is positioning itself to establish permanent bases and missile factories that threaten the Jewish state. Israel said the reactor was being constructed with the help of North Korea and was only months away from being activated.
The forecast high for the day will be about 70, with a 60 percent chance for rain, decreasing to 40 percent by Thursday night. Areas from I-85 north look to have the best chance for seeing a light accumulation of snow on grassy and elevated surfaces.
Federer mishit a forehand high into the air beyond the baseline, giving del Potro another break point. It was a see-sawing match with brilliant tennis from both players and fistfuls of tension throughout.
Afrin, the movie, premieres days after Turkish army…
The UN has said around 100,000 people are trapped in rural areas of Syria's northern Afrin district following the offensive. On Jan. 20, Turkey launched Operation Olive Branch to remove the YPG/PKK and Daesh terrorists from Afrin.
Korea to send K-pop singers to Pyongyang in late March
The concert will be held for four days from March 31 through April 3 at East Pyongyang Grand Theatre and Pyongyang Arena. South Korea says it will send a 160-member artistic delegation to North Korea, including about 10 popular K-Pop singers.
YouTube updates its policies on videos featuring guns
The family owned company, which was founded the day before 9/11/2001, also received this message from YouTube about their content. According to MacRumors , thousands of Google employees are now involved in the testing phase for the new subscription service.
Verdict in another fodder scam case against Lalu on Thursday
Only after pronouncing the petition, the ruling will be pronounced on Lalu in case of illegal withdrawal from Dumka Treasury. Lalu is already serving jail term of 13.5 years in three fodder cases and is lodged in the Birsa Munda jail in Ranchi .
President Trump says likely to soon meet with Putin
Trump "emphasized the importance of denuclearizing the Korean Peninsula", the White House added in a separate statement. Trump has said there was no collusion between his presidential campaign and Russians.